12.16.2008

Ultrasound and Many Thanks


We had our 3rd Ultrasound yesterday and everything looked perfect again- Praise the Lord! We are a little more relieved every time we go in. I am 7 weeks 4 days. "Official" due date is July 31st. They measured the baby, the sac, my cervix, check my progesterone etc... so they definitely stay on top of things after all their hard work to impregnate me! They stopped checking my HCG levels now that everything seems to be progressing correctly. I met with my actual doctor yesterday...who I really have only met with about 4 times since i've been at the infertility clinic... and she was really encouraging about everything and wants to do 2 more ultrasounds there and then I will go on to my OB. So I am kind of starting to feel like a normal pregnant person I guess. Well and the nausea helps with that too.

Anyways, thanks so much for all the nausea tips!!! Y'all are awesome! Here are some responses to those..

- have tried ginger ale and it didn't go so great- but not buffalo rock- so I'll try that next- thanks Dana!
- Deb, I actually got watermelon and it was perfect! I also got watermelon gatorade and really liked it
- Les, for some reason Sprite hasn't been sitting well with me. I think it's too sweet or something
-Natalie, I ate a grilled cheese for dinner tonight thanks to you! (and some ranch dip and potato chips!) and I agree, I haven't been able to eat sweets at all! which is REALLY STRANGE for me!
-Mel, mashed potatoes are sounding really good... I'm going to have to make some- or buy some(: Oh, and you can have the grapico...not such a great idea for me!
-can't remember where I read something about cinnamon/red hot gum... but it definitely helps!
-Teresa, I've never been one to want to be the hero...I have no problem taking the drugs...and I have been..some nights even a phenegren for the nausea and a lortab for my cysts which pretty much knocks me out completely... no worries, doc said it was ok
Audrey and Susan-all the fruity stuff is definitely helping!
Laura- Kate is precious... so maybe if I eat lots of the orange sherbert too my kid will be as cute(:
Kris- cranberry does sound good... I'll give it a try


ANOTHER QUESTION: I know everyone is different but did most of you have this your whole first trimester, your whole pregnancy (please say no!), just a few weeks? was it off/on for you? Mine has been so constant but then today it seemed to ease up a little....but I can't really tell what's going on. No rhyme or reason to it. Do I get paranoid if it goes away soon? I've heard people say that it's a good sign so if it stops does that mean something could be wrong? I know that probably sounds crazy.... I think I read too much stuff on the internet.

Ok, y'all are awesome to be so helpful!!! THANKS A MILLION!!!

11 comments:

Rachel @ Moments With My Miracles said...

Yay for good ultrasounds! I'm so glad you are able to get so many at the clinic (that is not normal so enjoy it)! I didn't offer any ideas on the nausea because NOTHING helped mine. The only thing that gave me some relief was taking zofran during the day and phenegran at night. I did suck on lemon drops from time to time that kinda helped. I ate a lot of saltines too. Oh, and cereal sometimes sounded good. I was sick until 23 weeks with Ellie Kate and about 14-15 weeks with Abigail. I think I was sicker with EK because I was on so many extra hormones (progesterone shots and suppositories) with her. I hope you aren't sick that long! Try not to freak out too bad about some days being better. It's hard not to analyze every little thing isn't it? Praying for you and the little bean!

Jana said...

Hey Ashley...Jana Savage Martin here from college. I found your blog from Christina's and I am so happy to hear you are pregnant. I saw that you have been trying for a long time. I am 14 weeks pregnant now and I found that I loved eating cereal for breakfast, Rice Krispies in particular. It is strange because I found myself eating things that my mind didn't even like (ex: alfredo sauce). It seems that our taste buds are opposite...I craved sweet things and you seem to like salty things. Maybe that correlates to the sex of our babies. I will find out Feb 2nd and let you know. For me the first 13 weeks were major fatigue but it has passed now and my taste buds are back to normal, hopefully you will experience the same.
Congratulations! Jana

Leslie Harwell said...

Look at baby Mac - he/she is so big now!!! I am so glad, what an answer to prayers. I do hope that the sickness stops but try not to worry if it does (I know from experience that is easier said than done). Mine did last off and on thru the whole pregnancy but everyone is different. Continuing to pray for yall. Have a great day. We fly back today. :) We have had fun, but I miss everyone.

Kimmie said...

again, such a cute little picture!! the baby is growing! I'm sorry you are feeling so sick. Remember I didn't feel that sick at all (only one week of it) so if you have days where you feel fine don't get too paranoid. I know it's easy to get stressed during the first trimester...I definitely did! but, just know that your sweet little baby is in God's hands. i actually had to pray a lot that first trimester that I would put everything in God's hands and not fret anymore. sometimes it worked..sometimes not.:);) but, it's nice to know that we have HIM to comfort us and that he truly does hold everything in this palm of his hands!
Can't wait to meet this little one! i hope "it" comes early (shooting for my b-day july 12th).

Teresa said...

Started week 6 peeked at about week 9 and then was pretty much gone by week 12. I had good days and bad during that time. 2 other friends pregers right now said the same-they both are around 20 weeks and still are taking nausea meds every few days. I wouldn't worry about having a "good day." I'd be grateful for the break. Glad to see baby is drumming away!

Carolynn said...

Love the US picture! Isn't it so reassuring to be able to peek inside and see that everything is going well? As far as nausea is concerned, I wasn't very sick with Callahan. I've been much sicker this time around. I'd say it started around 7/8 weeks and right at 4:30pm. At around 9 or 10 weeks it was fairly constant. Now I am almost 15 weeks and only feel sick every once in a while. Hopefully, yours will ease up around the second trimester. I'll definitely pray for that! I know you said you're not into sweets right now, but randomly the only thing that help my nausea was a Blow Pop. Crazy, eh? My sister-in-law read that Carnation Instant Breakfast helps a lot too. She tried it and she said it worked. Okay, I'm finished rambling:) The Mac 3 are in our prayers!

Jennie said...

SOO GLAD everything is going well!! My sickness went away after the 1st trimester, but there was a good three to four weeks that I didn't keep my dinner down one night..yuck! Lemonheads were helpful, but Zofran was the BEST - I think you said you had it when we talked, but if you don't, GET IT NOW! :)

Audrey said...

Praise God little one is doing well!! I was sick 5 1/2 weeks to about 16 weeks (I finally started eating dinner then!). Zofran was taken for about 20 weeks as I had to slowly wean myself off it. When I went cold turkey, I was nauseous immediately. Glad some things are working for you!:-) I know this sounds weird, but days it was rainy outside were my worst, so maybe today that it's not raining may help.

Chandler said...

Ash thanks for posting pics. I am so happy for your healthy baby thus far. I am praying daily for you and baby mac! what a blessing and miracle. sorry about the sickness...I can't help you there but it sounds like your trying it all! love you.

natalie said...

What a relief! I was praying for a sweet ultrasound picture this time.

I'm the strangest person on the planet. With my first full-term pregnancy, I was completely fine the first trimester. Other than being SUPER tired, I was doing great! Then week 13, day 1 hit and I was sick, sick, sick, sick every single day until I delivered. I did phenegran at night, which would help for exactly 24 hours. I didn't want to take the medicine because I thought, "millions of women have done this before me without medicine." HA! Yeah, well, not me. I could tell exactly when I needed to take another one because the icky feeling would return. Did I mention that I loved applesauce and saltine crackers? Or applesauce and wheat thins? It was just sweet enough to curb my desire for sweets, but not so sweet that it made me sick.

I hope your sickness goes away quickly.

chbaker said...

Ashley, I know you don't want to hear this, I wasn't really sick either time and Have Knox and Ann Tatum. So, I wouldn't be worried if the nausea went away or comes and goes. The only thing I can suggest is keep something on your stomach at all times, even if it is a steak or doughnut. Whatever works. I am excited for ya'll. We need to hang out again with Christopher and Kristen soon. Merry Christmas!