I love Thanksgiving. Besides all the wonderful food, shopping, and family time, it's such a great time to reflect on all I have to be thankful for. On November17th I was counting my blessings... a thriving business, a wonderful family, incredible friends, a great place to live, and the best husband a girl could hope for. On November 18th I was counting one more little blessing...in my belly!!!!!!!!(: Yes, I'm finally pregnant! I am already so in love, obsessed, and praying like crazy that I'm able to carry this little miracle to full-term. I am still very early (almost 6 weeks) so please keep us in your prayers. I have already been to the doctor 3 times and everything is progressing perfectly so far. We got to see the little sac on Monday but won't get to see a heartbeat until next week. I've quickly learned that being pregnant is a whole new faith journey. I probably have more anxiety/stress now than I did when we were struggling to get pregnant! I guess when you want something so bad and finally get it the thought of losing it is too much to handle. So it's just another thing on my list that I have to daily surrender to the Lord. Anyways, thank you all so much for the continued love, support, and prayers throughout our infertility process. I could not have done it alone.
Pictures below are telling my family (aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents etc.) on Thanksgiving day at my parents house. My mom said "if your pregnant you get to go first"... so I jumped in line... then the tears came down(:
Pictures below are telling my family (aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents etc.) on Thanksgiving day at my parents house. My mom said "if your pregnant you get to go first"... so I jumped in line... then the tears came down(:







18 comments:
Oh my goodness! Im so excited for you guys! I was just wondering the other day if the reason you had not updated the blog was because you were waiting to say that Baby McMakin was finally cookin'! I am praising the Lord with you guys and continuing to pray that the Lord would give you his peace through this pregnancy. Much love to the 3 of you!
Oh Ashley...I'm crying reading this! I've prayed for you so much!! I will continue to pray. I can't wait to check up on you and keep posted on everything. Love ya! Dana
Hey ashley-
i've never met you--but we go to OMPC too and always hear about your wonderful cake--anyway, i read your blog sometimes and i just wanted to tell you Congratulations on the pregnancy and we will be praying for you and the baby!!
Missy Dameron
I'm freaking out!!! I know your stress and anxiety too. It's a moment by moment surrender to not drive yourself crazy with worry. I'm praying for the health of your precious gift and for a full term delivery. I'm so excited about your precious baby! Enjoy him/her and take it easy!
I love that you got everyone's reaction in pictures! You will love having that! Congratulations again! Will continue to pray for you, especially the worry and anxiety (I feel like I'm the queen of worry!) Maybe Baby Mac and Meredith can start a catering business together down the road, little Mere already loves to watch food tv and cook. =) You gotta break them in early! Love ya!
What a great way to share the good news. We are so excited for you guys and will continue to pray :)
I'm Laura Whitlark's sister-in-law, and she's always talking about her life group girls and your good food. So, I got hooked on following your blog. I don't even know you and teared up when I read your wonderful news. CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Ashley I am so excited for ya'll - I know you have been praying for this for a long time - i will say a prayer for you right now for a wonderful, safe pregnancy!
Oh, Ashley. I am beyond thrilled for you guys. Beyond thrilled. I will be praying for you. What a special year this will be for you all!
In Christ,
Natalie
i cried when you told me and i cried now reading your blog!!!
Ashley, we love yall! I will continue to pray that the worry will go away.
I am glad the news is out, I was dying to tell people because I was so excited for yall. :)
oh ashely!!!! what wonderful news!!! i am just so THRILLED for you and andy! really, those words just don't cut it! wow, praise the Lord! your right, this part (the pregnancy)is also a daily surrendering to the LOrd. He is so gracious! Praying for you and baby!!!
LOVE the pictures!! AGAIN, i am so so so so so so so so happy! Little baby spray will have a best friend OR a girlfriend.:)
SO EXCITING, Ashley! I know you've been waiting a long time for this little blessing! You and Andy will definitely be in our prayers in the coming months!
I don't know you, but a friend of mine directed me to your blog bc we are also going through infertility issues, but this just proves that our God is Bigger!!!! Congrats! This is such a testimony to so many! It is so encouraging! Thank you so much for sharing the road you have been on! It has truly been a source of strength for me! I will continue to pray for you!
Ashley! I am so happy for you! I will continue to pray for you!! What a blessing!
Hey Ashley!
Someone just told me about your blog! I have loved reading it! Congratulations! Your story is so sweet! We will be praying for you guys!
I'm so excited for you guys and will be praying for this new little miracle!!! okay...I'm going to tear up now:)
Post a Comment