Maybe if I wasn't nauseous all the time you could call this weird pregnancy cravings- but I'm just trying to find something to put in my stomach that doesn't make me want to gag! So I wouldn't really classify that as a craving. Hopefully that will come soon though! Anyways, Andy and I went to walmart tonight and he was so sweet to walk up and down every aisle with me as I tried to find something that sounded even remotely appetizing. Of course anything bland like bagels and pretzels is a given. I heard that lemon and peppermint flavor stuff help so I got some lemon Popsicles and peppermint ice cream. I got orange serbet for some reason??? And I'm not sure why I thought that grapico would be good. Maybe because I haven't had it since I was 5 years old. It only took about 2 sips to decide that wasn't a good idea. For some reason it's been harder for me to find things to drink than to eat. Even real coke doesn't sound good (which usually is the first thing I go for when I'm feeling sick). Any advice?I don't know how you people took care of another human being while feeling like this. I am pretty worthless and it's all I can do to drag myself to the kitchen to check on things during what is of course our busiest time of the year. Thankfully, I have lots of great little elves to make all the "toys" for xmas this year!
Of course, I couldn't be more thankful to be feeling like I am. So I will take it... the whole 9 months if I have to!(:
We have our next US tomorrow, Dec 15th so please keep us in your prayers(:
PS. Keep scrolling for anothe post..





8 comments:
Hey Ashley!! It is the worst feeling, but it does mean things are going great!! yeah!!! okay, this is going to sound weird but these two things were my lifeline while I was pregnant:
1) ginger snaps (anything ginger)
2) buffalo rock ginger ale, it is really strong but kicks nausea out!i lived on it
Bless your heart. At least you know that the sickness come with a kick a** reward!! I'm with Dana on the ginger ale. If I think of anything else, I'll call. Let me know if I can do anything. Love you!
Drinks are the hardest. I liked fruit juice. Cranberry? Weird... But, it would be one thing for maybe one day, then it would change again, so you may be sending Andy to grocery daily, but he won't mind. Just a couple sips of real coke can do it sometimes. I feel for you!
kate was completely nurished by orange sherbert icecream and those strawberry fruit bars...and she came out fine!!
Mashed potatoes have been good for me. And even peppermint-flavored gum has helped tide me over until I could get something filling. And send me your leftover Grapico...I love that stuff, but you can't get it in TN!
I'm backing up the gingerale idea. I drank that and sprite, not diet but regular (i could taste the artificial sweetener in the diet). And anything fruity for food, lots of popsicles, smoothies, fruit ice cream, etc.
Ash, no good! That combo of foods totally cracks me up because it is so so familier to me. I did the sprite thing as well. I hope it ends soon. Love you and miss you.
Sounds familiar-- especially the grocery store part! Regular Sprite and fruit smoothies my husband made was all I could drink for 4 months (not even water!). Mashed/baked potatoes and bread (especially with cinnamon sugar) were good. I've been praying for you guys during this busy time in your business and especially being around food ALL day with the various smells.
P.S. Do not eat philly cheesteaks or chili dogs no matter how good they may sound at the moment!
Post a Comment