6.17.2008

Pepper Place

Ashley Mac's had the opportunity to participate in Pepper Place (Birmingham's upscale farmers market) this past Saturday. The samples created a big crowd around our booth so it was exciting to be the "buzz" of the market. I think people were glad to see someone new and fresh. It was GREAT advertising for us. In fact, we have already had several customers visit our store that said they heard about us down there. Besides the success, we had so much fun! It didn't feel like work at all! My sweet mom and mother-in-law helped me with the booth.. while Andy and his dad did all the "dirty work"... hauling stuff etc. The rest of our staff was at the kitchen making and sending more of the items as we ran out. We are hoping to do it again soon!

Mom and Kathy (Andy's mom) working the booth.. so sweet to help!














Alyce (our awesome kitchen manager) and myself setting up bright and early at 5:30am!
















12 comments:

Susan said...

I've been meaning to email you and ask how it went!! I wish I would have been able to come. Do you think you will do it again soon? Looks like you had a great success. PS--We had the chicken lasagna last night and it was so good!

Carolynn said...

Looks like it went really well! I wish we could have made it. Let us know when you do it again. We love Pepper Place!

Maggie Pelton said...

I'm so glad it was such a huge success! Heather told me they stopped by!

The Reeds said...

YUMMY! I wish we lived closer!! I would be one of your biggest customers because I love to eat but don't have much cooking talent:)

Kelly said...

You go girl! I proudly sported my Ashley Mac's t-shirt to the library for the summer reading program today! :) Let's get breakfast soon!

Leslie Harwell said...

I am so glad it went well. I hope I am in town next time you do this. Look forward to seeing you soon. Miss you. :)

Teresa said...

Im so bummed we couldnt make it. We always have something come up when you do stuff. Sorry that we stink. I do not think your Andy post was cheesy! I just get really embarrassed about that stuff. I do know that you were just kidding with me though! Let us know when you do PP again b/c we love it there!

Deb said...

Soooooo glad everything went so well!! I really hope ya'll get to do it again, because I really want to come next time. Miss you!

Ashlei said...

Hey Friend, I'd love to hang out while I'm home. Maybe we can grab lunch. My cell is 914-0045. I don't know how to get in touch with you.

th77hunter said...

Hey Ashley!
Just found your blog through Heath and Nikki's...look forward to checking it often!
Heather
www.lifewithtnt.blogspot.com

Busy momma said...

Why have I never heard of Pepper Place? Sounds like fun! You know I would have purchased some chicken salad and a few strawberry truffles on the side :) What a combination, right? THE BEST :)

Micheal said...

Hey Ashley~ Beth sent me the link to your blog. I have enjoyed reading it and catching up on what is going on in your life. I am pretty sure that I saw Andy and Josie leaving some church in Hoover last Saturday. I don't remember the church, but they were having Mountain Marketplace there (I think that's what it's called). I went because the lady who took Cohen's 6 month pictures had a booth there. Anyways, great catching up with you. We have a blog too if you have time to check it out (www.lifewiththelooneys.blogspot.com) Micheal Looney