6.03.2008
Fertility Clinic 101
Sooooo, IUI #3 will have to wait. Apparently we are paying thousands of dollars so they can "miss" my cycle. Long story but I will try to explain for those that are interested. Every cycle I have to wait for the dr. to tell us what she recommends once I start my period. So after several "failed" cycles at ART she decided to put me on Letrozole which is supposed to make a better ovulation (even though I ovulate regularly on my own.. but whatever). Anywho, so I took the letrozole days 3-7 of my cycle- which the side effects were MUCH better than clomid.. but still annoying none-the-less. Then they tell me to start the ovulation test kit on day 10. So this past Saturday night after being out with friends, I came home and took one of the tests close to midnight.. and I had a surge. I call the dr's office and have to come in the next morning (on a Sunday- which costs extra by the way) to get an ultrasound and blood work which will determine how close I am to ovulation. The nurse then goes on to tell me that I am not quite ready. Come back Tuesday. Andy steps in and reminds her that I am a "fast ovulater" according to my past few cycles (they almost "missed" one before). She looks at us like we don't really know what we're talking about and doesn't seem to give any credence to what we're saying. Day 10 IS extremely early, even for me, so I am trusting her at this point. That brings us to this morning, Tuesday. Go in.... get one of the lab technicians (would it be so hard to get a nurse or nurse practitioner to do the u/s?!).. she looks confused- calls in a nurse practitioner...they sit and stare.. "we should look at her chart from Sunday".. well that sounded like a grand idea to me. (Oh and little tid-bit.. every time we go in our last name is spelled differently on the u/s screen..$$$$ for this kind of treatment?!!) I'm getting tired just writing all this so let me just wrap it up... they MISSED my dang ovulation. So frustrating when you are paying to be watched. I know this happens to people dealing with fertility all the time- but it was my first- and not very fun. Every month seems like forever. So here we go again. I guess I should leave this on a good note though... we did have "spontaneous sex" (which doesn't happen very often when your trying to get preg!) on Saturday night so maybe just maybe we will have a miracle baby..... and to end on not just a good note but a GREAT note.. God is Good and I'm thankful we know that... and thankful we know HIM.
Labels:
Infertility
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





6 comments:
Oh, Ash I'm so sorry! That really does stink. Those dang ovulation sticks messed me up many a time, but the clinic should know better! I ended up having 2 IUI's one month because my clinic was depending soley on my reading of the stupid sticks. I had a surge at 10 days and then kept testing and had another one at the normal time at 15 days...thus another IUI. Anywho...I will be praying for the miracle baby so you can be done with the clinic!!! Thanks for sharing...I know it's not easy. Hang in there and I am also so glad we know the One who is in control even when it doesn't seem like it.
That stinks Ash! When I talked to you the other day and you told me that they told you to come back Tuesday and not Monday, I thought that was strange (that they would not monitor you each day - and I am not a dt. of course). Well, like you said we will continue to pray for that miracle baby.
I read your blog and then the next stop was on www.audreycaroline.blogspot.com
Anyway, it will make you cry, it will make you smile, and maybe even make you a little angry. However, it's so worth reading about another family and their "hardtimes" and in the words, to see the faith and peace that they have and find in God.
Be patient and know that events in our lives happen in HIS time, not in our own! Better said than done, right?? I know. If I could carry some of the burden and hurt for you I would. But Christ will carry you through!!
You are right Ash - God IS good. But you are also right again - that is incredibly frustrating that they missed it! Let's talk soon - Ben's sister is in town until the weekend, but I'll call sometime later this weekend.
NO! I'm so sorry! I'm praying for a miracle baby! Let's get breakfast soon.
Oh, Ashley. I can't imagine your frustration.
Maybe that spontaneous moment was the perfect moment for you. Keep us posted.
One of your other friends said something about the Audrey Caroline site. I highly recommend it. Talk about FAITH!
Post a Comment