I love my big fluffy white glider in the nursery- good thing since I spend hours in there each day. Not only has it become my favorite place to nurse, but my favorite place to pray. The first few days of Ryders life I couldn't help but constantly pray over him each time we sat in that chair. Mostly prayers of thanks and in awe of our gracious God- "Am I REALLY holding this baby in my arms? Am I going to wake up from a dream soon only to find my arms empty again? God, please protect this child, I can't imagine my life without him now" I still can't believe it sometimes. The pain of infertility still sits so close to my heart. Which is why the next thing after Ryder that I find myself praying for in the big fluffy white glider is a list of 10+ friends I have that are struggling with infertility. They immediately come to my mind when I am nursing the baby at 3am. When I can hardly keep my eyes open and want to cry for just one more hour of sleep... God so graciously brings me a reminder of the former pain and almost immediately lavishes a huge wave of joy and thankfulness into my heart. It sure does make those cries I hear in the middle of the night music to my ears. Andy still can't believe how excited I get at wee hours of the morning when I get to see my precious baby. I see it completely as a sweet mercy of Jesus- the perspective he has given me (nothing I could do on my own!) sure has made the transistion into motherhood a breeze in many ways. So I pray for God's hand on all my sweet friends that are longing and waiting for a child and encourage them that it WILL be worth the wait and God WILL provide! I wish I could've seen this far, trusted him more, and known how precious my time would be in the big fluffy white glider.
8.13.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





6 comments:
Hey girl I am actually looking at Gliders right now...where did you get yours that you love so much?
Great words from your heart. I have spent many hours doing the same thing in my glider. Such an amazing thing when God brings life full circle.
Loved reading the birth story!
LOVE seeing all the precious newborn pics! It makes me want a newborn again...am I CRAZY!!
I feel you with the formula! I'm an organic, make-your-own baby food mama, but I can't seem to nurse my own children. It was so hard with Mags, easier with NI but still hard. You are definitely doing the right thing to feed that baby!
Such a sweet picture, Ashley. I agree that there is nothing like holding your baby in your arms.
I am so thankful to have met Ryder this week.
beautiful post!
So sweet. I also find myself praying for similar things when feeding my babies over the past few years. I'm glad you are enjoying your sweet boy. He is precious!
thanks ash - for words that encourage my heart, and for being such a faithful friend that i know feels my pain and is praying for me in that big white glider! makes me wish i would have cherished those times with campbell - maybe all this will help me be better about it next time (Lord willing there is one!)
Post a Comment