1.31.2009

A little update

Sorry for the shortage of posts lately...not too much going on around here...just trying to survive the "morning, noon, and night sickness" that only seems to be getting worse. It is not quite so constant so that's good- but for some reason at week 11 I decided to start throwing up? weird. Anyone else have that? I only threw up 3 times from wk 6-10 and then lately I've been throwing up at least a few times a week...and yesterday was my worst day yet with 3 times in one day. I am 14 wks now and praying that surely it will end soon. I am sooo ready to start exercising, working more, being social, and just doing normal things again... I feel pretty worthless right now.We go to the dr next Thursday- no u/s just a check-up. Please pray that everything goes well. I still get so nervous everytime. Counting down the days til March 5th when we get to find out what it is! Oh, and I will post some belly pics soon...not really that much to see yet but it is definitely starting to make it's appearance! Did the whole rubber band thing with my jeans the other day for the first time so I guess it won't be too long before I need to start shopping.

Ashley Mac's is going well and of course keeps us extremely busy. We are going through some major growing pains but we are thankful for it (although at times it makes me want to go crazy!) It will be really intersting to see how everything plays out when we have the baby. Thankfully with such a great staff it should be a pretty smooth transition.

More posts to come sooner than later!

6 comments:

natalie said...

I DEFINITELY don't wan to discourage you, but I was fine my first 13 weeks with Meryt, but sick the rest of my pregnancy. I had to rely on anti-nausea meds so I wasn't sick.

Are you eating enough? I think that was one of my problems. Hindsight is 20/20. I was scared to be sick that I didn't eat enough, so I was always sort of weak. I also think I didn't get enough rest.

I hope your doctor has a good solution for you. One word of encouragement: the baby is TOTALLY worth this. I would do it again in a nanosecond if we could have another baby.

melbelle said...

Hey Ash-
I wasn't sick at all until 13 weeks either, but during weeks 13 and 14 (which nicely coincided with Christmas) were my worst! So hopefully you will find some relief soon! I'm 19 weeks now and feeling MUCH better!
We go to the doctor a week from Wednesday for the "big" ultrasound, although our doctor is guessing that it's a girl based on a 16-week ultrasound. (My doctor is ultrasound happy!)
Hope you start feeling better soon!

Maggie Pelton said...

Hopefully this is encouraging, I threw up daily until about 16 weeks with Maggie. So, maybe the end is near for you, too. In light of it taking so long to get pregnant, I remember thinking, "well, maybe my body just isn't fit for pregnancy". I'm happy to report, though that my pregnancy with Noel Isaac was extremely easy, only threw up once. I'm putting my bets on a girl.

Ashley said...

thanks for the encouragement girls! I'm sure I've got to be at the end of it so hopefully I will have good news soon!(:

Matt & Kadie Laughlin said...

Ash---
I wont even tell you about my pregnancies, but I will say that i am doing it again for the third time, so as natalie said, it is totally worth it! Hope you are feeling better soon and if not ask your doctor about zofran--I could not live with out it!
can't wait to find out what you are having--i am going to guess a girl too!

Susan said...

oh no!! i didn't realize you were so sick. that's yucky!! i'm so sorry ash. and that can't be fun being around food all day. i hope you get to feeling better soon!!