10.31.2008

Round Three

Finally, after a two month rest, my ovaries decided to cooperate and quit freaking out. My FSH and Estradiol were both low enough too. So, we start our new bed night routine of jabbing my stomach with a needle for the next 6 nights. Which is really not that bad. I'm just dreading the HCG shot because last time Andy gave it to me blood spewed out.. yikes. Then our 6th IUI (I think.. I have lost count!)

Emotionally, I think we are doing pretty well. Still have our good days and bad. But God has been so good, constantly extending His Grace-we are so blessed. I could type for hours of all we have to be thankful for. And going through infertility is actually on the list! I have learned soooooooo much and grown so much through this experience. Ready for it to be over with? YES! But trade it for a pain-free life? never. Our hearts are both longing more and more for a child-and care less and less of HOW God will provide one. So that's been a relief to both of us... to feel the freedom of complete abandonment to His will. So we'll wait and see what He has in store.. kind of exciting!

Oh, and random side-note..I get a lot of questions about what I have been actually "diagnosed" with...and I think I've given the impression that there's not really anything wrong.. but if you put all of these factors together, I don't have a whole lot going for me! But God is the author of life.. so I have stopped analyzing all my ailments.. it was driving me insane... and Andy was about to kill me.

Elevated FSH level: (meaning I don't have as many quality eggs as the average 28 yr old)
Hostile Cervical Mucus: (meaning the sperm can't get up me on their own)
Endometriosis: (which they got in the surgery, but could come back)
Anovulatory Cycle: (meaning I might not ovulate every month)
Unexplained Pelvic Pain: (which the doctors say is often a symptom of women dealing with infertility but they don't know why.. hence "unexplained" I guess!)

It's amazing how EVERYTHING has to be perfect to get pregnant!
Anyways, that was just some technical info for those of you that had asked!

Please keep the prayers coming(:

5 comments:

Jason and Laura Brantley said...

definitely still praying...we love you guys!

Laura Mielke said...

Ashley, I will be praying for you. Thanks for sharing your journey with everyone.

Kimmie said...

LOVE YOU!!!! glad we got to hang out so much on saturday! i had so much fun! speaking of that...i'm gonna need to see the picture of us with mount cody up pretty soon...:)

Susie said...

praying for you friend!

natalie said...

First, so proud of your accomplishments with the store (um, restaurant? bakery? business?)! You're doing awesome work!!!!

I SO agree that everything has to be PERFECT to make a baby. After two months of SERIOUS trying (won't go into details, but trust me when I say there was SERIOUS trying, as well as several months of "giving it a good try") and we didn't get pregnant (also keep in mind, this is after two miscarriages) and no positive test, I am reminded time and time again that getting pregnant is beyond science. We MUST have had good timing (SERIOUS trying!!!!), but it was the perfect sperm and the perfect egg to make the baby that God intends for our family. Creating a baby (and carrying it to term) is truly a miracle from God. Truly.

Still praying for you.