On Wednesday morning we got anxious and took a pregnancy test at home- after 21 negative pregnancy tests I'm not even sure what to think/feel anymore. Immediately after I went on a walk and "happened" to hear the song "Praise you in this Storm" on my ipod- I don't think i've heard that song in at least a year- It's amazing how the words of that song echoed my exact prayers. I said nothing to Andy about it. The very next day I had to go to my doctor to get the official pregnancy test and after getting the phone call that confirmed the bad news Andy said, "we need to listen to that song "praise you in this storm". So needless to say, the Lord has given us this as our prayer. Though many days we barely hear His whisper, we are trusting that we can praise him through this.
Praise You In This Storm
I was sure by now That You would have reached down And wiped our tears away
Stepped in and saved the day But once again, I say “Amen”, and it’s still raining
As the thunder rolls I barely hear Your whisper through the rain“I’m with you”
And as You mercy falls I raise my hands and praise the God who gives And takes away
I’ll praise You in this storm And I will lift my hands
For You are who You are No matter where I am
Every tear I’ve cried You hold in Your hand
You never left my side And though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm
Thanks for all your prayers. Unless God directs otherwise, we will be taking a break from the fertility clinic for a while and are praying about pursuing other options. We will keep you posted!(:
9.05.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





8 comments:
I love you Ash.
"My soul is downcast within me. Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope. Because of the Lord's great love we are not comsumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, 'The Lord is my portion; i will wait for him.'"
Lamentations 3: 20-24
This verse just came to my mind this morning. I am here for you and you are in my prayers as always!
Hi Ashley,
I am another 'Ashley' who found your blog through our mutual friends (the Burgesses). I just wanted you to know I grieve right alongside you. I am on almost the very same roller coaster you are! Reading your story is like reading my own book =). We have been walking this road for 27 months now and have begun to look into adoption.
I just wanted to let you know that there are others going through this type of "storm," and I am encouraged from reading your post today. Thank you for being so honest! I also cling to the verse mentioned by the blogger above. It's one of my all-time favs right now!
That is a great song to meditate upon and it means alot to me too as it was one that echoed my heart during my own grief in the last year. I'm so sorry for your pain, but am thankful that the Lord has given you the strength and mercy to persevere and praise Him in the midst of such a hard journey. He is with you and even though you may not hear much more than a whisper, He is guiding you and Andy and building a beautiful story for your family.
"The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms." Deuteronomy 33:27
Praying you will rest in His arms as you trust Him with your future.
Such hard news, Ashley. I'm so sorry. I know this is such a hard journey.
I am praying for you today.
Love,
erin
I too am sorry Ash. The emotional roller coaster is so hard to bear sometimes. I am praying for you. Lets get together soon!
One liner tests are the worst to see for those of us that ache for the miraculous two lines. I was SO hopeful this month, only to see one line. I ask myself "WHY can't we do this????" and "What's so hard about making a baby????"
I ache with you and for you. The Lord has a perfect plan for those that love him--he proclaims that all things work for good, for His glory. Even when I don't feel like glorifying him, I know his hand is in this.
Will keep checking on your progress. I'll continue to pray for you on this journey.
Love,
Natalie
My heart hurts for you and Andy. I am praying for you and with you in this storm. I love you dearly and I am encouraged by your strength. You are an inspiration to so many of what it's like to walk by faith and not sight. May the Lord provide you with courage and new mercies each and every day! love you.
i have a huge lump in my throat, and tears in my eyes... and i wish i could do something for you guys. PLEASE know that you are prayed for, and to hear you even DESIRE to praise Him in this storm is encouraging... i love that song. we had a great time sunday night, and are so thankful for you guys...
the comptons
Post a Comment