8.26.2008

Waiting and Reserach

We did our 4th IUI this past Saturday. They said everything looked good as far as they can tell. I still only had 2 eggs (which I think they were hoping for more since they upped my dosage). But one baby or two will be plenty for me!(: So, I am in the 2 week wait yet again.

So, in the mean time, I've been doing some research. The Doctors keep telling me I have a "slightly elevated" FSH level which until last night I still didn't understand exactly what it meant. But I found this article that explains it so well. I will post the link below if any of you are interested. I am going to ask my Dr. about this next visit because I really think it's why we aren't getting pregnant.

"In general, FSH levels over 10 IU/L are a little bit concerning. If they are over 12 IU/L, it's definitely a predictor of poor follicle function. And if it's over 20, it's almost for sure that something is seriously wrong with the follicles"

My FSH is 15- which in a nutshell means my ovaries are functioning a lot older than a 28 year old.

Here's the article

http://fertilityfile.com/2008/04/27/how-do-i-lower-my-fsh-level/

4 comments:

Rachel @ Moments With My Miracles said...

Praying for you during the 2ww! Very interesting about the FSH. I would definitely talk to your dr. about it.

Deb said...

The FSH is so interesting! Good job researching that. I'm curious to what the doc will say. In the mean time, I'll be praying. Let me know what fun things we can do to help the two weeks pass faster! :) Love you!

Heath and Nikki said...

Interesting :) I'm curious as to what the dr says about that too.

Bethany said...

my fingers and toes are crossed for a positive test soon. Praying for yall.