This month has been a really nice break for us- simply the stress of not going to the doctor every other day has been great. We have been completely swamped at the kitchen so it would have been really difficult to get away. As of now, the plan is to go back to the doctor in 2 weeks so they can check the cysts. If they have haven't gone away then I will have to sit out another month and take some medicine to shrink them. They have been somewhat painful and my body just feels out of whack from all the horomones (and lack of them this month). Poor Andy- I know i'm extra moody. But emotionally I am actually feeling better. I guess I am just getting use to it.. accepting the circumstances for what they are- not fun, but completely under God's control. Andy and I can already look back and see how the Lord has grown us over the past 1 1/2 years. I really do feel like a different person in many ways. I am going through a devotional called "Hope" by Nancy Guthrie and have been so encouraged by it... particuarly the week that was on Joy...
"To experience sorrow does not eliminate joy. In fact, I've come to think that sorrow actually deepens our capacity for joy-that as our lows are lower, so are our highs higher. Deep sorrow expands our ability to feel deeply. We feel sadder than we ever knew we could, sadder than we think we can survive. But our sorrow prepares us to experinece a more satisfying and solid joy than we've ever known before. When joy surfaces, it allows us to see that deep beneath the chaos of catastrophe is the strong current of confidnece that we can be content in the sovereign hands of God. It's just not natural to experience profound joy in the face of heartache. It is supernatural; it is spiritual. This is the kind of joy God has for you. It is not produced by the human spirit in response to pleasant circumstances, but by the Holy Spirit in spite of difficult circumstances. It is the very joy of Christ fulfilled in us."
8.05.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





6 comments:
Praying you continue to experience the Holy Spirit kind of joy that only He can give. I relate to that quote so well on so many different levels. Thanks for sharing!
you bring joy to my life! i love you!
you are in my prayers everday! and yes, it was GREAT to see you at the shop! seriously, we need to stop our crazy lives for one second and hang out! :)
Nancy Githerie is actually from Nashville and spoke at our women's retreat a couple of years ago - she truly does have so much joy in her life despite all the pain she's walked through - if you haven't read her book, "Holding onto Hope," you should - it's wonderful! Praying for you - let's talk soon, k??
hey! so glad to see y'all at church today - i wanted to ask about the doctor visits and the latest - but i know you get tired of talking about it. just know that we are praying - and i am here if there is anything i can do. hope y'all got the store moved around okay! lets get together soon...
katie
I found your blog through Rachel's. this is Kellie (Thompson) Patton. I love this blog world - I've found so many people that I haven't seen in so long! thanks for sharing all that's going on.!
Post a Comment