1.15.2011

Still alive over here.....

above (loves playing hide and seek...ha!) below- eating like a champ...some kids eat spaghetti...Ryder prefers the Barefoot Contessa's Bolognese- LOL

And bringing in 2011 with lot's of exciting things going on....

1. Goals- Andy and I always take some time in the new year to set some goals personally and for our family. One of them is memorizing scripture together on a regular basis (which we say every year...but we'll keep trying!). Our first one:
"So do not fear, for I am with you, do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10

2. A baby? I need that verse because I am fearful. I'm fearful that it is going to be another long road for a baby. We are praying about starting the fertility and/or adoption track soon. Although fear creeps in often, we are mostly excited about it this time..as we can look back and see how the Lord provided Ryder and we wouldn't change a thing about the coarse the Lord took us on for him. Pray for us if we come to mind and that the Lord would give us wisdom and patience.

3. Business and the Gospel- it's just completely crazy to see how the Lord continues to grow Ashley Mac's and it is also amazing to see the Lord bring out a passion in me that I didn't know existed....I'm learning so much about running a business and all the ins/outs of it from customer service to business plans etc and I absolutely love it (well, most days) and look forward to seeing how the Lord uses Ashley Mac's for HIS kingdom. I'm less concerned about the bottom line and more interested in how can we glorify the Lord through our work. Our church is starting a group to meet about Entrepreneurship Initiative http://www.faithandwork.org/ei that was started by Redeemer/Tim Keller so we are excited to be a part of that. I always pictured myself to be a part of "playgroups" but not necessarily a part of a "business owners group"....I love how the Lord leads us on wild and crazy journey's in this life...never a dull moment! Of course, with the exciting parts come LOTS of difficulties...it's not the easiest thing running a business with your spouse! LOL

4. Ryder- is so much fun and talking all the time now! We have SO much fun together! He is getting so silly and we are loving this stage. He brings us so much Joy and laughter. He LOVES to be around people and he immediately takes anyone who comes to our house to his room...he always wants Andy and I to come in there with him so he will tug on our clothes if we don't get up immediately!

5. Organizing- just like many of you...I'm determined to get organized! Especially since we are still sifting through boxes and trying to get our rooms put together from our move. Share your tips if you have any!! I think I might buy a book...

6. Wedding Bells- my little bro is about to get married in 3 weeks.. super excited....then my cousin Patton will be getting married in April, best friend Becca in April too, and cousin Meg in May! So thankful for the Lord's hand in each of these couples.

7. Welcome back Aunt Jules!!!- Andy's sister, Julie, moved back to Bham after being in Mobile for a year and a half...we are so excited to get to see her more!(:


Hope everyone's new year is off to a great start!!!

No comments: