We had a perfect get together.
The ham was stone cold for too long and refused to get hot.
I had one drape out of 4 hanging.
Our yard was 90% weeds.
Most of the 30 people had never met each other.
There were believers and non-believers.
There were happy marriages and hard times.
New Yorkers and die hard Southerners.
Babies and teenagers.
English and Spanish words.
There were 4 different colors of paint samples on the walls.
Real plates and paper plates.
Store bought food and homemade.
I didn’t even remember to take a decent photo.
But, we connected.
It was absolutely perfect and I wouldn’t change a thing.
I saw this title when I was blog hopping and decided I wanted to check out her party tips- but wow, I got so much more than that! Totally made me smile reading that and hope it encouraged you too! I just hosted my first sit-down dinner party for 20 people (our ashley mac's staff) at our house and I really wanted it to be perfect- and it was- but not in the way I intended (ie. my house wasn't/isn't decorated, the rolls didn't turn out as good usual, the crab cakes weren't all hot at the same time, I couldn't make the plate presentation perfect because I was trying to hurry and get everyone's food to the table, there are still boxes and piles of stuff to unpack in the rooms etc...but we had a GREAT time and enjoyed serving our wonderful employees and letting them know how thankful we are for them- and that's what it was all about! Thanks Nester for THE BEST party tips I've ever gotten!

Above is 14 of our 21 employees- wish we could have gotten everyone but a few were sick and some had to leave early. We love each of these people so much and are so thankful for them.







1 comment:
Love it, Ash. When I read the first line that the ham was stone cold it really made me wonder whose blog I was reading then it all made sense when I saw I was reading the Nester! Super party advice, though. I love that your Ashley Mac's crew is such a family. If i ever move back, will you hire me?
Post a Comment