3.30.2010

Ryder's TV Debut

Brooke Smith from NBC came over to film some more cooking segments at Ashley Mac's. The last time she came we were both very pregnant (her 8 months and me 9..actally I think we filmed like 4 days before Ryder was born! what was I thinking?!!) Anyways, now her little Gracie is 7 months and Ryder 8. One of the segments I did was on homemade baby food so we thought it would be fun to be holding them while we did it- they were so cute! Ryder was talking the whole time! (Side note: I've suprisingly found myself getting really into making his baby food...I always thought it was just steaming and pureeing vegetables..but have recently learned all about introducing herbs/spices/ and even goat cheese and homemade stocks to your baby's diet...yes, you heard right, homemade stocks...for your BABY! Yesterday I was secretly making fun of all these "CRAZY moms" who drag in laundry baskets and stand in line for an hour at a consignment sale...but then I realized that I'm just as crazy for being so concerned about my childs palat....)





3 comments:

Maggie Pelton said...

So fun!! Send me a link if there's one online. I'd love to see it. I've always loved making my kids foods, too, but I must say have never done homemade stocks or goat cheese. Pass along your knowledge so I can broaden the new one's horizon. NI is way pickier than M ever was!

Kimmie said...

cute pics! i'm impressed with your baby food making knowledge.;) but, why am i surprised!
let's get together soon. no, seriously, lets get together SOOOOOONN!!!!

Kristin Coppock said...

Ash,
That is so cool. I'd love to try some creations on Eva! We have done baby food and a few real foods, but I need more stuff. Fun stuff!