1. My mom always gave us an ornament each year that had a significant meaning of that particular year (it might have been from a trip we went on or a hobby I took up etc.)
2. My Aunt always read a meaningful book on Christmas Eve...usually was a kids book but nothing traditional...they were always really creative and had a deep (yet sometimes obvious) spiritual meaning.
So, I decided that every year I want to buy our children an ornament AND a special book...both with lots of thoughtfulness put behind it. I'm going to start a memory book for each child and take a picture each Christmas of them with their ornament and book and then write in the memory book why I bought them that particular book and ornament. (Surely I can keep up with a scrap book that only requires one picture in it a year, right?!!) Although I guess when he's 16 I might be running out of ideas!
(P.S. I bought this awesome book by John Piper's wife, Noelle Piper, called "Treasuring God in Our Traditions"....it has some great ideas about how to create meaningful family traditions (not just for holidays but all throught he year!) with Christ as the center)
**Christmas Post Below**





No comments:
Post a Comment