9.19.2009

My bundle of JOY!

The latest with us....we've been trying to get Ryder onto some what of a schedule over the past few weeks. The feeding schedule is working out great...7am, 10am, 1pm, 4pm, 7pm, 10pm and then whenever in the middle of the night...usually 2-3ish..then he usually wakes up at 6 or so but I don't feed him until 7 unless he's screaming. One night this week he slept from 10-4:30am and that was heaven! But unfortunately it was only that one night! Hopefully he'll drop that middle of the night feeding soon. I'm still pumping religiously (he's not a very good nurser..doesn't latch right and I don't have much milk..not a good combo) which is slightly less miserable than it was in the beginning..we'll see how long I can keep this up. If only formula was free...
So I'm a little obsessive with the camera these days....good thing for digital! Ryder is soooo much fun and has brought so much joy to our lives over the past 8 weeks! If I could skip the pregnancy part I would want another one soon!
As you can see, Ryder loves to have his hands by his face

Taking a nap in the crib...something he rarely does! usually it's the swing or the boppy

He's turning into quite the chunk these days- I'm loving the rolls on his thighs and his chubby little cheeks!
Above, he likes this new position of sitting in my lap facing outwards....he's really intrigued by the TV too...maybe I should be worried?!
Such a happy baby!



4 comments:

Sarah said...

Hey Ash- Just wanted to let you know that Nolan would not/could not latch and my milk production was so minimal. The day I gave up pumping was the happiest day of my life!!! The Lord provided what we needed for formula, and Nolan has been so healthy. I just don't think that the mom's out there that can't nurse get enough encouragement- so YOU ARE DOING A GREAT JOB and he is going to be healthy!! Hang in there!

Kimmie said...

he is the cutest!!! i definitely see andy in him. i see you too.:) can't wait until the boys can actually play together. that will be so fun!

Chandler said...

So I think he looks like you!! :-) he is so adorable! I really want to get up there to hold him and be with you. love you friend.

Matt & Kadie Laughlin said...

Hey ash! He is adorable! I agree with Sarah--you are doing a great job pumping, but if it gets to be too much-DO NOT feel guilty! He will still be a smart, healthy boy :) But if you want to try to increase your milk supply, maybe try fenugreek. It worked well for me! Let me know if you need more info!