Last week we got to spend 3 whole days at the beach (and more importantly away from the kitchen!) with my family. Wednesday was especially great. We woke up at 6:30am to a text from our kitchen manager that contained a picture of the front page of the Birmingham News with Ashley Mac's making the headlines (obviously there was absolutely nothing going on in Birmingham that day!) Andy and I spent an hour driving around looking for a paper with no luck. But we ended up finding it online and were shocked to find a huge write up on us ( I was expecting maybe a paragraph).We drove home late that night on a "high" and excited to see what it would do for our business. On the way home we find out that retail sales that day were 5x's our average and that the phone had been ringing off the hook. This has continued every day since- unfortunately i'm too tired to be excited about it and just trying to figure out how to survive!
So, back up to Thursday- aka "the bad day". I wake up excited and nervous and go straight to the doc for my Beta (pregnancy) test. I'm nearly in tears on the way to the kitchen because I'm so nervous about the results- TRULY feeling (practically knowing!) that there is just no way it's going to be positive. I call Andy and he begins to pray for me over the phone- then I look in my rear view and what do I see but a freakin' cop! You have got to be kidding me! Doesn't he know he is interrupting our prayer! I didn't even know what I did wrong. Does 45 in a 30 really warrant a $130 ticket?!!! ugh. Surprisingly I couldn't even turn on the tears for the cop (which has gotten me out of 3 previous tickets). Anyways, that was the least of my problems that day. Sorry this is getting long...i'll get to the point. So I was on my feet for ohhhh, about 12 hours that day not even having time to stop and call my patient voice mail for the results. Finally at 8:30 that night I (still at the kitchen and exhausted) we call and get the bad (but so expected) news. For some reason it's always harder than I anticipate. I guess because I was willing to risk having sextuplets I thought surely I can get one baby out of these dang shots! We are so tired and overwhelmed with "our life of food and fertility" (which by the way I couldn't have come up with a more appropriate title!) We are praying for some serious wisdom in both areas. Oh yeah and trust- praying that I can trust. Why is that so hard?
Sorry it's taken me so long to post an update and thanks so much for all the calls and emails(:
7.20.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





13 comments:
I love you Ash!! I had no idea that you also got a ticket on Thursday...yuck.
Always praying! I know those feeling too well :) Free to talk any time! Congrats on the big write up in the paper. We have been at the beach too so I missed it :(
Ash i am so sorry. I will keep on praying that God will give you a sweet child to care for and that he will give you wisdom in the midst of it all!
So exciting about the newspaper and all the new business! Ashley macs may be the next paula deen!
Ashley, I don't even know what to say! Thanks for sharing all that. Thursday did sound like a pretty crummy day. You have SO many prayers coming your way from everyone. I will specifically pray for trust and wisdom. That is so exciting about all the business. Look how far you have come in such a short period of time! Love you!
Ticket on top of all the rest of the stuff! No Good! Know that we are always praying, esp. for wisdom right now. I am so excited the business is booming. I am looking forward to tonight! I love you!!!
I have been checking daily for this update and praying. I'm so sorry. I'm so glad that God have you a boost of good news in the midst of hard news. I saved my paper for you and loved reading it!!! I'll send it to you in the mail or drop it by this week. I'm so proud of your business and will keep praying for you!! Love ya! Dana
Ash, I'm so sorry. I've been wondering when you find out if you were pregnant. I'll definitely be praying. I was in Bham this week and read the paper. AWESOME!! We also loved the chicken salad and pimento cheese at Laney's birthday party!
Oh, Ashley...I've been praying for you and SO wanted this to be your special time. I'll keep praying.
Thrilled to hear about you making the bham paper!!!
i want you to know that i've been praying for you everyday! i pray that you will trust in the Lord's timing (even though easier said than done) and pray for a little one for you and andy! i know it will happen soon. can't wait to get together with ya'll! need to come back ashley mac's to get some of that yummy strawberry cake too.
We'll be praying too...for a heart that resting and trusting!
How exciting about your store. I really need to get by and see it!
Post a Comment