7.06.2008

The 4th in Chatanooga





Andy and I (along with my little brother Scott) took a road trip to Chatanooga to visit my older brother, Sam, for the 4th. I hate to dog Bham because I love it here... but Chatanooga is definitely a few steps ahead when it comes to things to do. They had a huge 4th of July celebration right on the river..complete with the Chatanooga Pops (not quite the Boston pops but still great none-the-less!) and a spectacular fireworks show! There must have been 50k people out there. It was a blast! We also ate some GREAT food (always the high-light of our trips!).... had some delicious bbq, the BEST waffle ever at this quaint little breakfast place that Rachel Ray visited on $40 a Day, and some awesome Japanese food that I don't think I will ever forget! Sam was a great host too... and has an awesome new house in walking distance from everything. He took us around to all the "hot spots" like Rock City, Ruby Falls, and the Chatanooga Choo Choo- but everyhting was so packed that we didn't get in. I guess we will have to make another trip for all of that. Hope everyone else had a safe and happy holiday!

3 comments:

Maggie Pelton said...

Looks like fun! I haven't been to Chatanooga in a long time.

natalie said...

I do love Chattanooga. We spent our first anniversary there 6 years ago.

Eagerly waiting to hear about the results of your last procedure!

Ashley said...

jkjk