7.02.2008

Cheers to Shots!

For the past 6 nights we have been doing follistim shots in my stomach. (Follistim stimulates the ovaries to produce mature eggs). It proved to be less painful than I anticipated. But I was terrified to do them by myself when Andy was out of town one night so I practiced with him and it ended up being fine. The first night I had 2 glasses of wine (dr. approved of course!) because I was so nervous! It's weird, because in the dr.'s office I don't think twice about needles but there was just something about my sweet (but not medically trained) husband doing them! He was so sweet and gentle though and he really did a great job. Last night we had to do an HCG shot which was a little more painful! We had to mix the powder and water (which is a lot more difficult than it sounds) and had a hard time getting the medicine into the syringe. That made me nervous but it finally worked.

Please pray tomorrow (July 3rd) at 9:15 as we go in for our IUI (Intra-Uterine Insemination). Praying and hoping that all this will be worth it (and the first month would be nice!)

13 comments:

Maggie Pelton said...

I will be praying. 10:15 my time. Thanks for being so open about what's going on.

The Reeds said...

Good job on the shots! You and Andy make a great team:) I will be praying!

Charles and Ashley Bush said...

We'll be praying!

Carolynn said...

Again...that last comment was me...sorry!

natalie said...

Yikes!

I'm praying for you!

Rachel @ Moments With My Miracles said...

Brings back some memories! I did follistim too. The pen makes it so much easier. I hope the IUI went well!!! I'm praying for a little miracle for you:)

Teresa said...

praying it goes well!

Kimmie said...

we are praying for you ash!! it's so wonderful to know that God is always in control and we don't have to go through these things alone. He has shown me that HIS and only HIS time is perfect. love ya!

Deb said...

Andy's face says it all in the second picture. you're such a tough chick! i'm praying everything will go great! love you!

Unknown said...

Hey I was praying! I hope everything went well! I can't wait to see you soon! P.S. Great job Andy!

Jason and Laura Brantley said...

i am praying that a little one is growing in your belly now....love you so much!

Heath and Nikki said...

Brings back memories! Heath actually enjoyed giving me shots :) We are praying for you....love the wine idea. Wish I would have thought of that :)

Kelly said...

Ash, you make me smile! I am praying for you guys! Andy's face cracks me up in those pics!