11.11.2012

Before and After: Family Room

Better late than never I guess (I seem to be saying that a lot these days!)....we moved into this house a little over 2 years ago and I kept thinking one day I would be officially finished but it is all still a work in progress...so maybe I should say "before and in process"..ha. So this is our family room. It was this dark paneling and fake hardwoods then carpet that went into the hall...we put in real hardwoods throughout and then had all the walls painted....it's amazing what a difference those 2 small things make!
 The 1970's fireplace....bc I loved the stone, we just ripped off the big ugly firescreen and that helped so much


 Oops...these few got out of order......(but scroll down to see full room after)...had SO much trouble finding side tables that I loved that also fit the space..like almost 2 years of searching!....found this round one with the metal base and travertine top at At Home in homewood after going there weekly for a few years and trying so many! Was so relieved when this one worked.
Other side....had to get this one made because it was such a specific size...just got them to compliment the look of the round one 


You can see the dingy carpet in the hall and how it broke up the space so much
 and after.....




In case you are interested:
Paint: Sail Clothe Bejn. Moore (trim- white dove)
Painting above couch:  bought it from my cousin, Barclay Gresham http://barclaygreshamart.com/
2 french chairs, 6 prints above chairs, round side table: all from At Home in homewood
http://athome-furnishings.com/
Leather Chair: Andy's splurge from Birmingham Wholesale
Pillows and Draperies: fabric from King Cotton and had a lady make them (this is when it would be nice to know how to sew!)
Lamps: Richard Tubb http://www.richardtubbinteriors.com/
Rug: Macy's
Old Books: Scott's market in ATL
Armoir: Nadeau in Homewood
Trunk: World Market
Birchwood logs in fireplace:  Pepper Place (at that cute little garden shop..can't remember the name)

It's been fun to take this house and make it our home. Maybe I will get around to pics of the other rooms one day!