And if you do read, I would love to know your thoughts so leave a comment! it's kind of overwhelming and I know every family will take and leave things and follow as the Lord leads. I honestly I am not sure where to start....well, maybe I should ask Jesus...I think I'll start there...
12.10.2011
This Christmas......
3 awesome things to read/watch as we are in the midst of the Christmas Season! I PROMISE YOU IT'S WORTH YOUR TIME! Andy and I have been praying about what we want our family to look like during the holiday's and I confess ours looks much like the world most of the time....I find myself thinking way more about what I need to buy, cook, decorate etc than about Jesus........hope the following challenges and encourages you as much as it did us!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
Love it that so many people seem to be getting in the same mind frame on this. I read Ann voskamps post last year and just haven't known what to do w it either. Just read jens article...wow! Thought provoking. I had no idea about the slavery. I'm all about not hyping Santa. We talk about him like it's a make believe game Thankfully none of my kids have gotten into the gimmies yet. We love the advent Jesse tree that we do as a fam each night. We also do an advent activity every day. Something thoughtful and fun that isn't commercialized. I'd love to hear what u and Andy decide to do.
I love both of these posts and we have been in a process since last year of sort of changing some of our traditions. We have never focused too much on Santa, but this year we are just not doing him at all (much to Ellie Kate's dismay). That post from Jen Hatmaker just hit a home run for us and we truly want our family to focus on Jesus this time of year instead of the Americanized western way of celebrating Christmas! It is a process though!
Post a Comment