I'm FINALLY finished with the nursery! Such a great feeling to be done! I had such a blast doing it though..it was definitely a challenge- boy nurseries are much harder in my opinion! I was going for the "boy chabby chic" look if there is such a thing..I couldn't find ANYTHING that I liked so I really had to start from scratch. I'm kind of on a grey kick right now and I thought it would be a cool color to do a room in..and then I love white furniture so that was an easy one.
The changing table is from my grandmothers antique store as well as the little side table with the lamp... and I'm in love with the white glider from storkland which I copied Kristin on- it's so comfy!!! 
Andy's mom made the roman shades- they turned out great! Thanks Kathy!
The crib was my one bargain find...$40 at a consignment sale!!! (which led me to then spend endlessly on everything else...oops)

The wardrobe was mine when I was little.. a fresh coat of paint and knobs from anthropology was all it took!


I had the bedding made by this awesome lady that did a friend of mines...it took me a while to come up with a design- I saw one similar on some website and then just drew the lady a picture of how I wanted it different and she copied it to the T...-it took me FOREVER to find the fabric I wanted...apparently grey is NOT a popular color for decorating so I had to search all over bham to find it. I painted the little broken window above the bed and had found the elephants at Three Sheets in Homewood and just tied ribbon to them...30 minutes later I have a nice piece of "art"..little creativity, little time...that's my kind of project!
Andy's mom made the roman shades- they turned out great! Thanks Kathy!
The wardrobe was mine when I was little.. a fresh coat of paint and knobs from anthropology was all it took!
I had the bedding made by this awesome lady that did a friend of mines...it took me a while to come up with a design- I saw one similar on some website and then just drew the lady a picture of how I wanted it different and she copied it to the T...-it took me FOREVER to find the fabric I wanted...apparently grey is NOT a popular color for decorating so I had to search all over bham to find it. I painted the little broken window above the bed and had found the elephants at Three Sheets in Homewood and just tied ribbon to them...30 minutes later I have a nice piece of "art"..little creativity, little time...that's my kind of project!





8 comments:
LOVE LOVE LOVE The nursery!! so cute!! yes, boys are hard!! Now that i'm doing a girl one on a very little budget, it's even harder b/c there are so many cute things!! where did you get the book shelf for the wall?? love that!! also, i still want to talk to you about wells' birthday cakes before your baby comes!! love ya, dana
I LOVE it!! Thank you so much for posting pictures. I've been anxiously awaiting. I really can't wait to meet Ryder and welcome him to the world. love you!
It looks adorable, Ashley!! Let's talk next week before this baby comes, ok??
Ryder's nursery is adorable! I love it! Praying for a healthy delivery and baby boy... so excited that he's almost here.
:)
So sweet!! Anxiously awaiting the arrival of Ryder!
the nursery looks amazing! i am so impressed!
His room looks SO good!! It won't be long until he's here...EXCITING!
Your nursery makes me wish that I had gone a little more neutral! I love it! Love the little elephants hanging above the crib and the adorable book shelf on the wall!
Post a Comment