We had the opportunity to provide the desserts for SKIRT magazine's One year Birthday party last month. It was really fun to have a different kind of project to do outside of the usual catering. And the giant cupcakes were definitely a new challenge for me. I made them the day before and was pleased with the way they turned out considering I only spent a few hours on them...BUT, I made a lot of mistakes and think I'll be able to perfect them next time now that I kind of know what I'm doing.
Anyways, for the 7 days following this party, our phone was ringing off the hook for cupcakes..it was crazy! We have 1,000 to do for a party in June- THAT will be interesting! Time to start investing in some more cupcake pans I guess.
I have been trying to talk Andy into letting me open a Cupcake store like all the trendy ones in LA and NYC... so we'll see. I finally experimented with a unique cupcake recipe I have had for years and they were a big hit (with Andy and the staff anyway!)... so they might be the next to debut at AMacs.







7 comments:
Please Andy-Let Ash open a cupcake store!!!!!!! These look delicious and Im now hungry! Congrats!
YUM!!! just the pictures make my mouth water :)
Those look amazing! I could really go for some strawberry truffles!! I think Ashley Macs needs to come to orlando!
I really want a cupcake right now. Thanks a lot!! :)
hey ashley!!! okay, i want you to do a giant cupcake for wells' first birthday!! (the one for him to dig into) So fun! also, you HAVE to open a cupcake shop. TONS of my friends from church talk about this all the time and how they wish we had one here. it would be HUGE...i know it!! :)
ashley, i left you a little award on my blog!
Yum!!
Post a Comment